You want to invest but are afraid you won’t get paid. You also realize that a lawsuit against that mean `ol landlord can make the most honest look for ways to sue. Enter the Self Directed IRA.
- Not get paid
- Lawsuit lightening rod
- Have prospective tenant get a Section 8 commitment before purchasing investment
- &/or make offer on property subject to expected tenant getting Sec 8 approval – works with non foreclosure properties.
- Invest not as individual but as SD IRA / LLC holding title: actions would potentially be limited to the insurance policy related to that property –
- Make sure you do not manage the property during occupancy of tenant or when they are home or tell them all the wonderful things you preformed on the property, then liability may be added to you as the one who built the steps
Want to learn more ?
- Take a look at our Pinterest area for visual charts etc.
- There is more info on our SD IRA page and FreeRent101.com sister site.
- Consider attending a local SD IRA event – we’ll attend with you if you wish.
- Give us a call. We’ll chat by phone &/or meet informally.