As always, this is NOT to take the place of calling YOUR agent!
What happens if:
- My tree falls on my house.
- A: my insurance should pay
- ” and the ins.co. had asked I remove/trim it beforehand.
- A: I pay
- My tree falls on neighbors property.
- A: their insurance should pay
- ” and the tree was dead/ dying.
- A: I was negligent, I will probably pay
- A neighbors tree fell on my house.
- A: living tree – I/my insurance pays, dead/dying – they/their insurance pays.
You already know that no matter what you asap inform your insurance company with “notice of an event which could give rise to a claim”, even if you’re sure there will be none. Why? You are not the insurance expert AND you don’t know what the future holds. Contact them now.
Basic point: Check your yard for hazards, check with your agent for coverage gaps.
These are short answers. Again, you are best advised to at a minimum QnA your: Insurable risks professional, accountant, lender/banker, realty professional, legal adviser when changes happen or are anticipated.
If you’d like me to assist further, contact me w/any questions or comments. Recall, using anyone in my referral network qualifies for reimbursed services (FREE) on your next buy/sell activity.